It’s nearly time to go back to school, and Nutritional Development Services is preparing for another school year of healthy meals.
We have been enhancing our breakfast and lunch menus over the past few years to comply with the new nutrition standards provided in the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010. You can look forward to:
- More whole grain products offered at breakfast and lunch
- A daily serving of fruit and vegetables
- Zero trans-fat per serving and less saturated fat
- Overall reduction of fat in milk
- A variety of vegetables, with dark green, red/orange, starchy vegetables, and beans offered each week
- Calorie targets in line with health standards for children
Additionally, we are excited to introduce a few new menu additions in September!
- BBQ Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken Nuggets with Sweet Potatoes
- BBQ Chicken Filet
- Romaine & Tomato Salad
- Pita Bread