As we wrap up National Nutrition Month, we’d like to recognize the finalists and winners of our 2019 Placemat & Slogan Contest!
Students from NDS-sponsored schools were invited to submit original artwork that encourages healthy eating and physical activity and/or promotes School Lunch or Breakfast. Three finalists from each grade category (K-2nd, 3rd-6th, & 7th– 12th) advanced to the voting phase in which voters chose their favorite placemat by ‘liking’ the placemat the NDS Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NdsSchoolLunchProgram/.
2019 Placemat Winners:
Bryanna – Blessed Trinity Regional Catholic School (K-2nd)
Madeline – Good Shepherd Catholic School (3rd-6th)
Luigi – Good Shepherd Catholic School (7th-12th)
2019 Placemat Finalists:
(K-2nd): Chloe- St. Rose of Lima, Katherine- St. Joseph Pro Cathedral, Bryanna- Blessed Trinity School
(3rd-6th): Ava, Indit & Mak- St. Monica Senior School, Lauren- Mother of Providence, Madeline- Good Shepherd
(7th-12th): Jordan- St. Peter the Apostle, Jose- St. Joseph Pro Cathedral School, Luigi- Good Shepherd
There were ten winning slogans which will be featured on the NDS School Lunch menus for the 2019-2020 School Year! The winning slogans included:
- “Healthy food will enlighten your mood!”- Jaden, St. Joseph Pro Cathedral School
- “Feed your brains and eat your grains!”- Janna, St. Joseph Pro Cathedral School
- “Eat healthy day and night, to keep your future looking bright!”- Journey, St. Peter the Apostle School
- “When eating healthy, you can’t go wrong in keeping your body lean and strong!”- Jordyn, St. Peter the Apostle School
- “Stay fun, Stay fresh, Stay festive, Eat healthy!”- Siena, Mother of Providence School
- “Make good choices in your life, Eat Right!”- Edward, Mother of Providence School
- “Have a Great Year and Eat Healthy!”- Maddison, Laboratory Charter School
- “Eat healthy foods, they are everywhere!”- Jariel, Laboratory Charter School
- “Great Food, Awesome School, Healthy You!”- Olivia, St. Francis of Assisi School
- “Fruits and Veggies, Greens and Berries, Apples with Cherries, Eating healthy will make you feel merry!”- Grace, Good Shepherd Catholic School
Congratulations and thank you to all students who submitted such creative designs and slogans!